This weekend, Brazilians sparkled in Europe, taking some of the limelight off their compatriots back home as the battle for Brazil’s Serie A title goes down to the wire. Here are some of the goals from European based Brazilians this weekend:
- Hulk scores a brace and provides an assist in Porto’s 3-2 victory over Braga.
- Kleber scored Porto’s third goal against Braga.
- Thiago Silva opened the scoring for AC Milan against Chievo.
- Alexandre Pato scored in AC Milan’s 4-0 victory over Chievo.
- Michelle Bastos scored the third goal in Lyon’s 3-0 victory over Auxerre.
Hulk is clearly taking on the mantle of the hottest Brazilian striker in Europe as Porto are now unbeaten in 50 consecutive league games. The other question, lurking on everyone’s mind, is whether Michelle Bastos deserves a place in the Brazilian national team.